Saturday, October 4, 2008

Days Without Dad- Husband

This last week, Lou went to Rock Island, Illinois, for work trainning. Wow! I have a huge respect for single parents! JaMarcus did not go to bed until 10:30-11:00 each night.. he tried to stay up for Dad to come home....So, we had a long 4 nights and 5 days.... We survived! And we were both excited for him to come home! And thankful for the last 2 nights of full sleep!

Lou still loves his job/career... We still love our new church home. And I still like my job but, hate being away from JaMarcus. I thought it would get easier being away from JaMarcus durring the work week, but it gets harder and harder each day/week/month. I'm pretty sure I drive Lou and Angela (my friend who watches JaMarcus) crazy... with my "mad mind mommy moments". Just pray for me!

Just want to thank Lou for our Family Night ... Last Friday... Lou and JaMarcus picked me up from work and we went Down-Town for Dinner. It was nice ( I wanted Mexican.. but enjoyed the itallian food we ate.) The best part of the whole night... was our after dinner walk. JaMarcus thought he was so cool because we let him walk down the sidwalks of down-town. He waved at all the ladies and stopped to watch the baseball game on the T.V. I was in total awe of my little one. A bit upset that I was over-looked (people only noticed Lou and JaMarcus) not me the Mom and Wife!

Alright... one last gripe! I was warned but did not think it would happen to me (I was in denial) but reality has hit..... I cannot stand it when people ask me if I adopted JaMarcus. So, in case anyone thinks I adopted JaMarcus.... I didn't he is mine.... I did not get this lovely body... without pregnancy! And doesn't he look like me?

Pray all is well with each of you!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is wrong with people! Even if he was adopted, why ask about it, does it really matter?!?!? I do think he looks a lot like you. They grow up so fast dont they. It seems like they learn something new each second!

Us Lochers said...

I never thought of that. I bet that could be a problem. You think it would be obvious if you were both there or if people knew you at all.

I guess it would be kind of hard facing that on a regular basis. JaMarcus does look VERY similar to you... I guess it's hard for some people to look past the skin tone.

Eric and Jill said...

Hey Jamie Sue it is Jill how are you? Your son is so cute he looks alot like you!!! I have a blog now is jillneric.blogspot check it out!