Alright so JaMarcus has been walking since August 14th! I know he is a pro at it now that I am writing about it a month later! He is even happier (didn't know it was possible) since he has been walking and discovering more about his world! He is keeping his Mom and Dad busy! And his newest thing! FOOTBALL STANCE! Last friday night (Sept 12) I had a work picnic and there were kids practicing grid kid football at the park. JaMarcus was mezmorized he watched them intently... so Satruday and Sunday football was on in the house.. And we noticed that when the players would go to the line of scrimmage JaMarcus would bend-down and put one hand down in front of him... So, we now ask JaMarcus to "do the football stance" and he drops down into position.. then he jumps up and claps... I guess I got my future Florida Full-Back after-all.
Louis: (Jamar) has found the career that he has been looking for: September 2nd Lou started a new job as an Financial Advisor for Modern Woodmen of America. I have never seen Lou so happy. He goes to work happy, comes home happy, and is happy when he calls me in the middle of the day! Lou gets to start each day at work with the pledge of allegiance and a group prayer. Lou meets new clients and if he is not able to help them in the money world he is able to help them with their spiritual world... he has been able to pray with individuals and give them a boost just by getting to know the Jesus that is inside of him. Lou has really found a good fit for himself.
Our family has also taken a big leap of faith! After faithful prayer/fasting / and searching God's word we have decided to attend another church. This has been the most difficult decision Lou has made for our family since we have been married. We have been attending Miracle Temple Church of God in Christ (Boise). When we lived in Idaho Falls we attended New Covenant Church of God in Christ. We learned a lot, grew a bunch spiritually, and made many new friendships (which made leaving even harder) we tried to find every reason to stay and continue even though we knew it was not right for us to stay. I had been batteling with this since Janurary and Lou the last few months. So, not a quick choice by any means. But, we have moved to another level in spirituality. We are being held to a higher accountability. We are building a better relationship with Christ and learning his stories. We are learning and understanding the bible, moving away from people/relegion and moving more toward relationship, which we had lost our focus: Our focus was on Lou getting his Ministers Lisence. We were working on that, and so we lost what it is all about: Jesus and the "good news" We need to re-focus on Jesus, and so we took a leap of faith! And I understand the scripture: "His Yoke is Easy and his Burden is Light". Sunday was our first day at the new church:Trinity Fellowship. It was the first Sunday in two years that I felt church was not a burden. I could write about this and could say more.. but God Answered my prayer: And my burden is light!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad your prayers were answered. It takes a lot of faith to follow the promptings of the spirit.
It's so fun to see little ones grow and become strong and determined in things... like the football stance. Do you ever wonder what entertained you before he was born?
I bet our little boys would have fun playing together. Hopefully we can get them together one day. I am glad to hear that everything is going so well for you guys. Love ya!
Post a Comment